Everyone is intelligent, we are all capable of learning most things in this world and passing the PMP® certification exam can be done on the first try. We know that statistics prove me wrong, since the numbers say that at an average 3 out of 5 students fail the PMP Exam on the first try. I say, it wasn’t the students' fault that they failed, it was the training that failed them. I am going to give you 5 solid tips on how to pass the PMP® exam of a monster on the first try!
Tip 1: Pre-Prep
· Find a Training Center that is a Registered Educational Provider (R.E.P), this means the company providing the training meets the Project Management Institutes quality standards 100%.
· Find a training center that provides accountability, community and coaching from application completion to the day you sit in for the Exam!
· Call the Training Center and find out about the PMP instructors and get their BIO’s you want to know who will teach you.
· Obtain class materials in advance (Most places would want the class to be fully paid up before the class material can be provided.)
· Look up the following terms in your PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
o What is a project?
o Who is a Project Manager?
o What is Project Management?
· Understand that your real-life experience means “ZERO” when you take the PMP Exam. PMI tests your knowledge based on the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. So remove that hat pretty quickly or else you will FAIL the exam.
Tip 2: During Class Preparation
· Get to know your peers and exchange Email addresses. It is best to have a support system while going through the PMP® certification process.
· Bring at least Two pencils, one highlighter, and a notepad to class
· Keep hydrated while studying, water is good for the brain cells!
· After each chapter is taught, take the quiz and understand why you responded correctly to some questions and incorrectly to others.
· At this POINT, don’t try to memorize too much. UNDERSTANDING the terms and the Project Management Framework will help you pass the exam.
Tip 3: Post Class Preparation
· Congratulate yourself for getting through an intense learning process!
· Create a 30-day Study Calendar for yourself
· At the end of each review week, take a full 200-question exam
· If you have an 85% correct score by the 3rd and 4th full practice exam, you are READY to take the PMP Exam!
Tip 4 Exam Day
· Take a deep breath!
· Be confident that you have done everything to prepare for this day
· Do not study on EXAM day PLEASE!
· Take a pic of your Certificate and tag us on Facebook! 😊
Congratulations you Passed and now go ask for that raise!